It's Good to be back!
I'm gearing up for the first day of school. It is fast approaching, and hopefully the next few days will run so smoothly, it will be a direct reflection on how the school year will run.
I am very excited to be at OB FULL-TIME THIS YEAAAARRRRR!!! (can't you tell :))
My title has changed too... from Instructional Technology Coordinator, to Technology Integration Coach or T.I.C. (lol) Yes, I will BUGGGGG everyone about technology this year! I will explain in a lot more detail what this actually means. My focus will be on "Technology Integration."
Specifically, this means sharing ways teachers can integrate technology to the highest potential so that it is seamless! This just might be a challenge for me, and the teachers.
I will be spending a great deal of time in classrooms. I hope to find in my visits teachers using technology, and students actively engaged in technology enriched activities and lessons that do one or all of the following:
- (Make it) Use technology to show creativity
- (Say it) Use technology to communicate
- (Share it) Use technology to collaborate
- (Find it) Use technology to research to show information literacy
- (Solve it) Use technology to think critically, solve problems, or be decision makers
- (Use it) Use technology devices to improve learning
- (Protect it) Follow rules of digital citizenship
We are rolling out iPads this year in K-1. What an exciting thing! I have already started thinking about ways that KG and 1st graders can really benefit from using iPads. my4brownsons were nice guinea pigs.
Check out http://appitic.com/ Find Apps in any subject or content area, grade level, standard..etc..
To get my teachers amped for the new school year, I created a full afternoon of activity filled technology training, including door prizes! I am even giving aways to 5 lucky teachers a free 30 minute tech ninja session with one on one training